The countdown was on from the moment my friend and I booked out vacation to Walt Disney World in the winter of 2010. Our "Girls' Trip to Disney" which we talked about for ten years was finally going to happen, or so I thought. Booking in December of 2010 seemed so far away from our September 2011 travel dates, but in no time we were less than 100 days away and quickly approaching that all important 45-day mark. True Disney World fans know the 45 day mark all to well, as it's the day when all final monies are due to make your dream vacation a reality. Although this was going to be a trip with my good friend, it was also going to be a time for me to finally meet my twitter buddy, Elantrice. But just 5 days away from that 45 day mark things took a swift turn...
On Monday, July 18th (50 days away), my Disney Soulmate as we affectionately refer to each other as, backed out of what was sure to be an epic adventure. I'd be fooling myself if I said I wasn't crushed, but in the wake of my sadness I saw a glimmer of hope. I decided not to allow one person's circumstances control my life and my happiness, so I considered booking a short, 3-day solo trip to Walt Disney World for September 9th-11th. While I was a little leery at first to book a trip alone, I figured Disney World is probably the ONLY vacation destination I would feel comfortable visiting by myself.
I discussed my plan with Elantrice and after numerous messages back and forth, and with a great promotional offer from Disney I went ahead and BOOKED my room at Pop Century for two nights. So, after a brief moment of sadness I have now resumed counting down the days until I'll be walking down Main Street USA at the Magic Kingdom eating a Mickey Mouse ice cream bar.
Creating your own magic in the face of a setback...
3:35 PM |
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.