Powered by Blogger.
RSS

My First Disney Encounter

Do you remember your first encounter with the Walt Disney Company?  Maybe it was the first time you saw the Mickey Mouse Club and wanted to be a mouseketeer yourself?  Or perhaps it was the first time you saw a Disney movie on the big screen?  Well, I fondly remember mine.  Disney was first introduced to me through the “Disney Sing-A-Long Songs” VHS tapes.  As a young child I would wake up early on Saturday mornings and pop one of these tapes in the VCR, crawl up on the couch and sing along with each song.  One of my favorite parts of these tapes was the little “Mickey mouse icons” that bounced on the words that cued which word to sing as the songs played.  These classic shows incorporate Disney films, television shows and music from theme park attractions from both Disneyland & Walt Disney World.  Watching these videos introduced me to some of the Walt Disney World attractions for the first time.  “Yo Ho (A Pirate’s Life for Me)” which is part of the “Pirates of the Caribbean” ride, became my first ride at Disney World because I loved singing the song with this tape.     
This may have been my first introduction to Disney, but this fond memory would resurface in August of 2009 during my annual visit to Walt Disney World with my aunt.  We arrived early one Thursday morning and took Disney’s Magical Express to the Caribbean Beach Resort.  When we arrived there was an extremely long line to check-in.  Normally, this would have annoyed us, but we were at the “World” so we were in full “Hakuna Matata” mode. While waiting in line, I recognized a familiar song and tape playing on the lobby television that instantly took me back to one of my “Disney Sing-A-Long” tapes.  Immediately, I got a huge grin on my face as I began to “sing along,” no pun intended with the tape.  Needless to say, this made the time in line go much faster and before I knew it, we were at the front of the line.  Walt Disney World plays many of these “Disney Sing-A-Long-Songs” tapes in many of their resorts for their guests to enjoy.  I’m so grateful that Disney gave me the opportunity to briefly revisit that childhood memory during my vacation.    
Share your first Disney memory in the comments box!   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.